- Monday August 19th, 2019 Announcement of the “WORLD SUSHI CUP JAPAN 2019” participants!
- Wednesday July 17th, 2019 Announcement of the ‘Edomae Sushi Open Competition Overview’ and ‘Creative Sushi Open Competition Overview’.
- Monday July 8th, 2019 The Contestant Recruitment Pamphlet 2019 has been released.
- Tuesday June 18th, 2019 Announcement of the “WORLD SUSHI CUP JAPAN 2019”
- Tuesday September 4th, 2018 We published the World SUSHI CUP 2018
|Name||WORLD SUSHI CUP® JAPAN 2019|
|Date||August 22, 2019 (Thursday) 10:45 to 17:00
Qualifying tournament (Edo-mae sushi Open Competition)
August 23, 2019 (Friday) 10:45 to 16:00
Finals (Creative Sushi Open Competition)
|Venue||Tokyo Big Sight, South Hall
The 21th “Japan International Seafood Show” WSCJ Venue
|Admission||Not open to the public.
Competition and demonstration admission is limited to those working in the food industry and media
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries,
All Japan Sushi Association World Sushi Skills Institute
|Organizer||WORLD SUSHI CUP® Management Office / Exhibition Technologies, Inc|
To all of you who inspire to be a top Sushi chef,
Japanese sushi was born about 200 years ago, a time that despite there was neither refrigerator nor ice existed, a culture of safe cooking of raw food was born, evolved and inherited to this present day. Today, Sushi has spread to all over the world, became very popular and even fused into local food culture of some countries.
“WORLD SUSHI CUP®” is not just a sushi tournament, but consists of a course of learning, training, examination, and then followed by the Japanese traditional Edo-mae sushi open competition where it is based on Japanese traditional food culture and hygienic cooking method of raw food. Only chefs who pass the qualifying round are able to advance to the final which is the creative sushi competition where they will be further tested on their own unique creativity.
“WORLD SUSHI CUP® JAPAN 2018”, as a tournament that establish the status of sushi chefs in overseas, is therefore calling Sushi chefs from around the world to this important event in Japan.
We sincerely look forward to the participation of active Japanese cuisine chefs and Sushi chefs around the world.